4 Reasons to Take Your Pet to a Local Veterinarian
Most people love their pets and treat them as part of the family, but do we take as much concern about their well-being from a veterinarian as we would other family members? If not, then perhaps we should as they are unable to tell us if they are suffering, in pain or in need of medical attention.
4 Main Reasons to Take Your Pet to the Veterinarian
Preventive Pet Care
- This is when you take your pet in because you have noticed something isn’t right. Whether they are limping, vomiting, or simply not eating, they are showing signs of poor health. Though veterinarian services can help remedy the issue at hand, taking your pet in on a regular basis may combat any potential health concerns down the line.
Comprehensive Pet Wellness Exams
- Although many pet owners take their pets to the vet for required vaccines when they are younger, often as the pet gets older, pet owners may feel that a visit to the vet is not needed. To keep your pet healthy, preventative visits to the vet should continue on an annual basis.
- This is a visit where the vet will check for the all-around wellness of the pet and can perhaps be included as part of the preventive care visit. A comprehensive wellness exam should also be conducted on an annual basis.
- By the age of 3 year, more than 50 percent of cats and dogs will have some type of gum disorder which may lead to infections and in some instances, even premature death. By ensuring that your veterinarian also gives your pet a dental check-up on their annual visits, you could be adding years to your pet’s life.
All too often pet owners think that because their pet has strong jaws and teeth, they are not prone to dental problems. Unfortunately, dental problems are the number 1 reason for pets being taken to vets for treatment. Although all veterinarians should have a strong knowledge of dental problems pets can experience, Atlanta Veterinary Dental Services specializes in dentistry for pets. Regardless of whether your pet has shown any signs of dental problems, it is highly advised to take your pet to industry professionals who are certified and experienced with feline, canine, and other pet dental services.
Atlanta Veterinary Dental Services include, but are not limited to, the following services:
- Dental Radiography
- Exodontics (Extractions)
- Oral Surgery
- Endodontics (Root Canal Therapy)
- Restorative Dentistry
Other professional dental services may also be performed on a case by case basis. When making an appointment for Atlanta Veterinary Dental Services
, your pet will be in the hands of animal lovers, whom have the training, education, and experience that will truly make a difference in your pet’s overall health. With premier care, outstanding customer service, and knowledgeable doctors and staff, it’s no wonder why pet owners are turning to Atlanta Veterinary Dental Services. So whether you are bringing your furry friend in for a first time visit, diagnostic care, preventative care, a comprehensive wellness checkup, or dental exam, Atlanta Veterinary Dental Services will make sure your four-legged-friend is healthy from head to tail.